MAAS students are connected to the alumni network of the entire School of Foreign Service and the SFS Graduate Career Center, which provides students and alumni with individual career advising, targeted job-search skills workshops, a regular Career Bulletin, and opportunities to attend industry information sessions with employers.
MAAS grads have held positions at Google, U.S. Department of State, World Bank, United Nations, Citibank, Petroleum Finance Company, Al-Jazeera, and Carnegie Endowment, among others. Read our alumni spotlights below to learn about a few of the ways our alums have distinguished themselves in fields such as diplomatic service, international finance, media, human rights and development, and as U.S. Congressional staff members and faculty at leading universities.
MAAS ’18 Employment Report
The above numbers and sector breakdowns are based on a 95.2% knowledge rate of the Class of 2018’s employment status (as of March 2019).
Employers of Previous MAAS Graduates
- Livelihoods Innovation through Food Entrepreneurship (LIFE) Project
- International Justice Resource Center
- Syria for Justice and Accountability Centre
- Middle East Children’s Institute
- European Council on Foreign Relations
- National Endowment for Democracy
- Justice Rapid Response
- Jesuit Refugee Service
- Atlantic Council
- Eurasia Foundation
- International Rescue Council
- Tahrir Institute for Middle East Policy
- Tesla Government Inc.
- Kroll Inc.
- Exiger Diligence
- Lockheed Martin
- McKinsey & Company
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Qatar Foundation International
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Air Force
- Kingdom of Jordan
- International Organization for Migration
- World Bank Group
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Foreign Affairs Officer with the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor at the U.S. Department of State
Senior Producer at AJ+ and Host of “Direct From with Dena Takruri”
Partnerships Development Specialist at the UN Women Liaison Office for the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) in Abu Dhabi, UAE
Executive Director of the Center for Victims of Torture
Program Director of the American Film Showcase, a digital diplomacy program of the U.S. Department of State
Associate Fellow for the Center for Strategic International Studies’ Middle East program